Thursday 12 November 2015

Masthead ideas for my music magazine cover


I have some ideas for what I would like my masthead for my music magazine to be called.

Explode- this is a term used to describe something that has burst rapidly. So this title name will connote that my magazine will burst of a lot of information about R&B music and well-known artists.
Bars – this term is mostly used by urban individuals. It is associated with music, it is a line or more of a specific song that they know or they take the bass of a song and make up their own lyrics “bars”.
Grills- A grill is a type of jewellery that is worn over teeth; this is very popular within the R&B and hip-hop culture. If the model of my main image was wearing grills this will give my audience a clear idea that the magazine is going to be about the R&B genre.
Explicit- this word is use to describe something that is fully and clearly expressed. This will tell my audience that the magazine issue is going to include a lot of information about music. This word is also used to describe some music lyrics and videos. R&B and hip-hop do tend to have explicit lyrics that contain strong language and image that reference to inappropriate behavior. So my target audience will find the word familiar.
B*tches – this word is used a lot in R&B and hip-hop songs.  If my audience saw this word on magazine covers they would find it appealing as the word is maybe what they use and they hear it a lot in R&B and hip-hop songs.

18 comments:

  1. i like the 'grills' and 'explicit' mastheads.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the "Explode" masthead - I particularly like the colours

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would go for "grills" or "explicit"

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think i like 'Grills'.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The one that I liked the best was the 'explicit' masthead

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like explicit

    ReplyDelete
  7. My preference is for the 'explicit' masthead because of the font and also the connotations of the word itself which hints at the realism of the genre and also its provocative nature.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like grills the best along side with b*tches

    ReplyDelete
  9. Grills and Bitches are bae!

    ReplyDelete
  10. i like grills or explicit because they sound more professional

    ReplyDelete
  11. the colours for explode are very eye catching whereas explicit and grills sound professional but overall i like grills

    ReplyDelete
  12. grills is the best for a magazine title

    ReplyDelete
  13. my vote goes to grills, it would look best with the explicit font

    ReplyDelete
  14. Grills because with fits best with the R&B and hip-hop genre.

    ReplyDelete
  15. "grills" is the best

    ReplyDelete
  16. i vote for grills

    ReplyDelete
  17. grills or explicit

    ReplyDelete